These decorative and fun dinosaurs are simple to make and sure to brighten up your child's walls.
Tools and Materials
Plaster of Paris
Drill with mixer attachment or paint-mixing stick
Tray of sand
Dinosaur or other mold
Rust-Oleum Universal spray paint
Plaster Dinosaurs How-To
1. Mix plaster using a drill with a mixer attachment, or by hand with a paint stick: 2 parts plaster to 1 part cold water.
2. Select desired mold for your child's room; we used a dinosaur mold. To ensure that the plaster sets evenly, place mold in a tray of sand. Pour plaster into mold.
3. Place picture-hanging wire, curved to create a hanging loop, in the wet plaster. Let dry for a few hours.
4. Pop the plaster dinosaur out of mold. Using sandpaper, sand off edges around dinosaur.
5. Spray-paint plaster dinosaur with Rust-Oleum Universal in the color of your choice (we used red).
Martha used dinosaur molds from spiritcrafts.net; many different shapes of molds can also be found at your local crafts store. All other tools and materials are available at hardware stores. For more information about Rust-Oleum Universal spray paints, visit rustoleumuniversal.com; special thanks to Rust-Oleum for giving re-usable tote bags to our studio audience.