Tools and Materials
Ultrasuede Light (2 colors, 2 yards each)
Natural cotton "deluxe" batting (47 inches by 47 inches)
Japanese hole punch
Color-coded round labels, 1/4 inch in diameter
Ultrasuede Blanket How-To
1. Cut two 56-by-56-inch squares of Ultrasuede Light in 2 complementing colors.
2. Insert the 47-inch square of natural cotton "deluxe" batting evenly centered between the 2 layers of Ultrasuede.
3. Lay the edges of both Ultrasuede layers together on top of a cutting matt.
4. With a see-through ruler as your guide, use the matte knife to cut 4-inch-long strips of 3/8-inch wide fringes along all 4 edges of both Ultrasuede layers.
5. Individually tie square knots at the origin of the cutting line with a strip of fringe from the top layer and its corresponding bottom strip.
6. Mark the blanket with round labels 10 inches apart in an even grid. Then, punch a hole on each side of the dot.
7. Cut a 3/8-inch strip of Ultrasuede and thread it through a large darning needle.
8. Anchor the 3 layers of the blanket with square knots. Remove the round labels and trim the tails of the knots.
Ultrasuede Light available online,ultrasuede.com. Natural cotton "deluxe" batting is sold at Quilters Dream Batting,quiltersdreambatting.com. Go to Fiskars for the ruler and cutting mat used in this craft,fiskars.com.