Also called grape hyacinth, muscari is a royal blue bulb that begins to bloom in April. A few of these simple arrangements make a wonderful nature-inspired scene perfect for a table or a mantle.
Tools and Materials
Wooden stump vases
Muscari Arrangement How-To
1. Position clump moss inside a decorative wooden vase.
2. Place ball jar inside vase so that it is surrounded by clump moss.
3. Tuck in additional clump moss to conceal jar.
4. Fill jar with tepid water.
5. Trim the bottoms of cut muscari blooms with gardening shears, and place them inside jar.
Tip: Mist the moss daily; midway through the week, trim the ends of muscaris and change the water.
Martha used wooden stump vases from Takashimaya and ball jars from the Container Store. Muscari blooms are available at most florists and garden centers, moss can be purchased at Moss Acres.