This caterpillar headband is an easy last-minute Halloween craft to make using a simple molding technique and lightweight clay.
Tools and Materials
Crayola model magic
Hot-glue gun and glue
Black and green craft paint
Caterpillar Headpiece How-To
1. Roll balls of model magic gradually increasing in size. You will need three balls of model magic for one side and four for the other side.
2. The last piece should be made narrow into a tail.
3. Stick balls of clay together, three on one side and four on the other side.
4. Make indent in clay by lightly pushing next to headband so you can glue into it when dry.
5. Make legs using tiny pieces of model magic; roll little pieces using hands.
6. Let model magic dry overnight.
7. Paint caterpillar green and legs black with craft paint.
8. Let dry.
9. Paint on face.
10. Glue legs onto caterpillar tail using hot-glue gun.
11. Glue caterpillar onto headband using hot-glue gun.
12. Allow glue to dry before wearing the headband.