Tools and Materials
- Bamboo skewers
- 2-inch foam balls
- White glue
- Orange, black, white, and yellow iridescent glitter
- Mini treat wrappers
- Screw punch
- Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
- 4- by 2-inch foam cones
- Tinsel garland
Glittered "Candy" Garland How-To
1. To make the wrapped candy ornaments, pierce a bamboo skewer through the center of a two-inch foam ball. Holding skewer, dip ball into white glue, then brush off excess glue. Shake orange or black iridescent glitter onto ball and let dry.
2. Flatten out four mini treat wrappers. Glue wrappers together in twos, with white ("wrong") sides facing. Create a hole in the center of each wrapper circle with a screw punch. Thread wrappers onto skewer, with one on each side of ball. Hot-glue wrappers to ball; let dry. Remove skewer.
3. To make candy corn ornaments, sand a 4-inch by 2 1/2-inch foam cone into a candy corn shape. Dip top of cone into glue, brush off excess, and dip in white glitter. Let dry. Glitter the bottom of the cone in yellow, let dry, then brush glue onto the center of the cone and glitter in orange.
4. Once glittered, pierce a hole through bottom of cone with a bamboo skewer.
5. To string ornaments, glue or tape one end of a length of tinsel garland to a bamboo skewer. Thread skewer and garland through holes in ornaments, spacing as desired (the tinsel on the garland keeps the ornaments from sliding).
Iridescent Halloween mini glitter 6-pack, mini treat wrappers, screw punch, and hot-glue gun available from Martha Stewart Crafts. All other tools and materials available at most craft stores.