These adorable miniature stockings and dreidels made of crepe paper and filled with personalized M&Ms make perfect Handmade Holiday gifts and party favors.
Tools and Materials
Stocking and dreidel template
Sheer fabric, such as organza
Sewing machine threaded with complementary thread
Decorative scissors, such as scallop or pinking shears
Stocking and Dreidel How-To
1. Print template and trace stocking or dreidel onto a piece of crepe paper.
2. Place a sheet of sheer fabric on top of the crepe paper, and secure with a few straight pins.
3. Sew a straight stitch with a sewing machine along the template lines you have drawn to attach both pieces. Leave the top of the dreidel or stocking open.
4. Being careful not to cut into the sewn line, cut around the shape with decorative scissors.
5. Fill with M&Ms.
6. Fold over top piece of dreidel or stocking to create a cuff. Use a small staple to close the dreidel or stocking and attach a ribbon loop for hanging. Embellish the top with a sticker to cover the staple.
All supplies are available at crafts and fabric-supply stores. For more information about personalized M&Ms, which were given to our studio audience, visit mymms.com/Martha. For more great holiday decorations and gifts, check out these affordable Christmas crafts and our online Christmas Workshop.