Make one-of-a-kind stockings for your loved ones with this handmade holiday craft.
Tools and Materials
1. Download and print Stocking Template. Trace onto 2 pieces of felt.
2. Machine stitch pieces together, then cut around sewn pattern with scalloped scissors.
3. Add hanging loop by hand-sewing felt strip inside top of stocking edge.
4. Cut rickrack to length of 13 bumps, making sure ends point in same direction. Glue ends so they don't fray.
5. Using a knotted thread, start at pointed tip and sew one stitch through each bump. Pull thread so rickrack folds in on itself. Push out tops to make floret shape.
6. Whip-stitch glued ends of rickrack together in the back.
7. Add pips to florets by cutting off ends of pips to about 1/4-inch length. Using tweezers, hot-glue pre-cut pips to center of florets.
8. Hot glue florets onto stockings.
Pips are available at tinseltrading.com. Rickrack is available at both tinseltrading.com and Daytona Trimmings, 212-354-1713.