This adorable candy wreath is perfect for a kid's birthday party.
Tools and Materials
One 12-inch round Styrofoam wreath form
Five 6-inch round Styrofoam wreath forms
28-inch dowel, 1/2-inch diameter
1/2-inch-wide green ribbon, seam binding and twill tape
About 25 Marshmallow Peeps of one color for flower center
About 60 Marshmallow Peeps of one color for flower petals
Clear vessel filled with jelly beans or other candy
Wreath Centerpiece How-To
1. Using a sharpened pencil, bore a hole through one side of a 12-inch round Styrofoam wreath form.
2. Insert a 28-inch dowel, piercing through to the opposite side.
3. Wrap the Styrofoam wreath form and dowel in green ribbon, securing every few inches with a dab of glue.
4. Attach a 1/2-inch-wide piece of ribbon around the outer rim of a 6-inch Styrofoam "petal" form and secure with a flathead pin. Repeat to make five petal bases.
5. Secure petals to 12-inch Styrofoam base with 2 floral pins each, creating a flower shape.
6. Decorate petals with Marshmallow Peeps, using a combination of royal icing and toothpicks to secure.
7. "Plant" finished flower creation in a clear vessel filled with candy.
Thanks to Dylan Lauren, the owner of Dylan's Candy Bar, for demonstrating this craft.