Since we are entering fall -- and citrus season -- use lemons and oranges to make these beautiful floral place cards. Plums work great as well.
Tools and Materials
Lemons, oranges, or plums
Floral Place Cards How-To
1. Cut stem end of citrus, and a little off the bottom to flatten it out so that it will stand straight.
2. With a reamer, squeeze the juice out. Remember, you can save the juice to cook with.
3. Scoop out pulp with spoon so citrus shell is empty, as if you were carving a pumpkin.
4. Fill citrus with moss; brush off any dirt.
5. Insert water tube in the middle of citrus.
6. Place an orchid or two inside the tube with a small amount of water.
7. Fold corner of place card so there is a 1/4-inch flap. Insert hat pin into flap and secure onto the moss behind the water tube.
Special thanks to Oscar Mora for designing these place cards. For more flower arrangement ideas, please check out our beautiful photo gallery, Television's Flower Arrangements.