For a fun way to decorate for St. Patrick's Day, try making these charming clover coasters.
Tools and Materials
Castin' Craft 3-by-3-inch reusable resin mold
Clover craft punch
Ladybug craft punch
EasyCast clear casting epoxy resin
Plastic resin mixing cup
Adhesive felt or cork
Clover Coasters How-To
1. Prepare coaster-mold container with mold release spray and set aside to dry.
2. Punch clovers from card stock, and punch ladybugs from decorative paper.
3. Mix resin in a plastic cup according to resin package directions. Pour resin into prepared mold to a depth of about a quarter inch.
4. Arrange punched shapes in resin; adjust using wooden skewers.
5. Let resin set for at least an hour. Pour a second layer of resin, add glitter, and stir to combine.
6. Allow the entire coaster to cure for 24 hours. Remove coaster from mold.
7. Sand edges if there are any raised areas. Back with adhesive felt or cork that's cut to the size of the coaster.
Resin molds, epoxy resin, and mold-release spray are from Environmental Technology, Inc.; visit eti-usa.com for more information. Craft punches from Martha Stewart Crafts, which were given to our studio audience, are available at Michaels stores; use the Michaels store locator to find a retailer near you. All other supplies are available at most crafts stores. For more fun ways to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, check out these recipes and how-tos for crafts, drinks, and traditional Irish fare.