Sphere ornaments fashioned from holiday cards are simple to make and add a decorative touch to any Christmas tree.
Tools and Materials
Paper Sphere Ornaments How-To
1. Cut a card into narrow strips; you'll need about 10- to 12 1/2-inch-wide strips from the narrower part of the card.
2. Stack strips and punch holes through both ends with a hole punch about 1/4 inch in from each end. Punch a few strips at a time if you have difficulty.
3. Insert a paper fastener into each hole. Bend the stack into a C-shape, with the card's design facing out. Wiggle the strips apart so they fan out and form a globe.
4. To hang, take decorative thread and, starting at the middle of the strand, wind thread around the paper fastener several times and knot the ends.
5. To store, push strips back into a stack.