Try making a festive holiday arrangement using a simple Ball jar. The idea comes from in-house crafter Aaron Caramanis.
Tools and Materials
1/4-inch Steam-A-Seam hem tape
Wrapped Ball Jar Floral Arrangement How-To
1. Cut an 18-by-18-inch square of silk taffeta with pinking shears.
2. Iron strips of Steam-A-Seam along all four edges. Remove paper backing from the Steam-A-Seam and fold the edge over a 1/4 inch, creating a hem. Press the hem to secure.
3. Place the jar upside down and evenly drape the square over it. Draw a rubber band down to the neck of the jar.
4. Evenly space fabric that is gathered around the neck of the jar, and tuck the four points of the square back under the rubber band.
5. Flip the jar right side up and fill with water and floral food. Arrange flowers with evergreen clippings to make a festive holiday arrangement.
Silk taffeta and hem tape available at most fabric stores. Ball jars available wherever canning supplies are sold.
Get more flower arrangement ideas.