Enclose a delicious treat, such as Cowboy Cookies, in this inventive packaging for a perfect homemade gift.
Tools and Materials
Scalloped circle punch
Cookie Packaging How-To
1. Print the template onto card stock and cut out. Trace the template onto decorative paper and vellum and cut from each.
2. Score the paper and vellum shapes corner to corner (on the wrong side, if there is one) with a bone folder. Fold the flaps you have created upward to make a small open container. Place the vellum container inside the paper container.
3. Cut two strips of 3-by-20-inch cellophane. Layer the strips on top of one another, perpendicular and crossing in the center.
4. Place decorative kraft paper with vellum in the middle of the cellophane cross. Place cookies in the center.
5. Gather the 4 ends of cellophane and secure with baker's twine. Punch scalloped circles from paper and vellum to create a tag, and string onto twine. Embellish package with a flower sticker.
All tools and materials are from Martha Stewart Crafts.