Spook up your home for Halloween with easy-to-make specimen jars, a creepy craft sure to bring out the mad scientist in you.
Tools and Materials
Glass cylinder vase or jar
Plastic paint bucket
Halloween teeth and eyes
Sil-Poxy Silicone Rubber Adhesive
Specimen Jars How-To
1. Combine 2 components of Encapso K in a plastic paint bucket and mix for 5 minutes.
2. Pour mixed Encapso K into a glass cylinder or jar until the depth is about 2 inches. Let dry at least 2 hours.
3. Using silicone rubber adhesive, glue teeth to hardened silicone surface in jar. Let dry for 15 minutes.
Tip: Use chopsticks to place teeth inside jar.
4. Pour another few inches of Encapso K over teeth. Let dry for 15 minutes.
5. Glue eyes to hardened silicone rubber surface and allow 15 minutes for eyes to dry. Pour one more layer to fill cylinder or jar.
Encapso K and Sil-Poxy are available from smooth-on.com. Eyes and teeth can be found at most Halloween stores.