Tools and Materials
- Fabric egg template
- Light-colored card stock
- Printed cotton fabric
- 28-millimeter rotary cutter
- Sewing machine
- Coordinating thread
- Sewing pins
- Polyester batting
- Hand-sewing needle
Fabric Easter Egg How-To
1. Download template and scale to desired size. Print on card stock and cut out.
2. Pre-wash fabric. Fold fabric to make four layers.
3. Place template on folded fabric, aligning the length of the pattern with the stretch of the fabric. Place a weight (such as a coffee mug) on top of the pattern to keep it in place. Cut around the pattern, through all four layers, with a 28-millimeter rotary cutter.
4. Place two pieces together, right sides facing. Sew a 1/4-inch seam along one side. Repeat with second pair.
5. Match the seams at the top and bottom of the two sewn halves, and pin. Sew the two halves together, leaving about a 1-inch hole for turning.
6. Snip into the seam allowance of each curve, about every 1/4 inch, being careful not to cut into the seam.
7. Turn the egg right-side out. Stuff with polyester batting, using a chopstick to place the batting and fill out the egg.
8. Hand-sew the opening closed.
All tools and materials available at most fabric and sewing-supply stores.