Here's a creative way to turn seashells the kids have collected into objects both beautiful and practical: Make them into candles.
Tools and Materials
Candles in Seashells How-To
1. Clean seashells in a weak solution of bleach and water. Let shells dry.
2. Melt wax in top of a double boiler.
3. After wax has melted, pour into shells until they are almost full.
4. Carefully place wicks with holders into bottom of shells.
5. Trim wicks if they don't stand upright.
6. Allow approximately 30 minutes for wax to cool completely and harden throughout.
Order seashells online at shellhorizons.com -- the largest wholesaler of seashells and ocean products in the United States.