Ornaments with photos of your friends and family are a great way to decorate your Christmas tree.
Tools and Materials
Ornament templates (template 1, template 2, template 3, template 4, template 5)
Heavy-duty (80-pound) card stock
Scissors or utility knife
Picture-Frame Ornaments How-To
1. Download and print ornament templates (template 1, template 2, template 3, template 4, template 5).
2. Trace template shapes onto heavy-duty card stock.
3. Cut out two identical shapes.
4. Punch both ornament shapes at top.
5. Apply diluted white glue solution (2 parts glue to 1 part water) to surfaces of both shapes.
6. Apply glitter to glue.
7. Set aside to dry; cover with a sheet of wax paper and weigh down with a heavy book to keep from curling.
8. Using a utility knife, cut an X into the center of the ornament.
9. Use a pencil to curl back points, creating a square opening.
10. Glue photo to unglittered side of flat shape.
11. Glue both halves together, sandwiching photo.
12. Thread ribbon through hole and glue on Dresden embellishment.
Dresden embellishments available from D. Blumchen & Company. All other materials can be found at your local crafts store.