Make Mom something special -- a meaningful book full of coupons
Tools and Materials
Coupon templates Part 1 and Part 2
Paper ribbon-style labels
1-inch circle hole punch
Coupon Book How-To
1. Start with a 12-by-12-inch piece of scrapbook paper. Fold paper in half, then in half again, and then in half again, ending up with a 3-by-6-inch folded piece.
2. Open folded paper piece. With a craft knife, cut a slit along the center fold, leaving 3 inches at the top and bottom intact. Fold to make coupon book (see video, to be posted Monday, May 11, for demonstration of how to fold).
3. Cut a 3-by-6-inch strip of scrapbook paper, and use border edge punch along edges. Use double-sided tape to adhere to front cover of coupon book.
4. Embellish cover strip with letter stickers to say "MOM."
5. Punch a butterfly out of paper and fold in half. Put a dot of craft glue on the fold of the butterfly and adhere to the cover.
6. Download and print coupon templates. Cut coupons to size. Attach ribbon-style label to blank space on coupon using double-sided tape. Write "Happy Mother's Day" on label.
7. Punch circles out of card stock, and write a message for Mom on them. Place foam dots on the back of the punched circles, and adhere them to blank circles on coupon template.
8. Using double-sided tape, attach coupon to coupon book. Repeat for the number of coupon book pages desired.
Members of our studio audience received a Martha Stewart Crafts doily lace edge punch, and a Michael's gift card. Take part in one of the Michael's free workshops and make personalized gifts for mom; for more information, visit Michaels.com.