Fill these decorative boxes with candy for a sweet Easter gift.
Tools and Materials
- Oval chipwood boxes (set of 3)
- Decorative papers
- Butterfly and/or flower craft punch
- Twill tape
- Xyron with permanent adhesive cartridge (or double-sided adhesive sheets)
- Double-sided tape
Easter Boxes How-To
1. To cover lids, back pieces of decorative paper slightly larger than each lid with double-sided permanent adhesive. Adhere paper to the top of the lids. Turn lids over onto cutting mat, and trim excess paper around edges of lids with a craft knife.
2. Run a piece of double-sided tape all the way around the sides of the lids. Lay twill tape over adhesive, tucking in raw edge at the end.
3. With craft punches, punch shapes from a selection of paper colors. Fold wings or petals up and glue to the top of the smallest box.
4. Fill boxes with candy or other holiday treats.
Oval chipwood boxes are from dcccrafts.com, herringbone twill tape frommasterstrokecanada.com, and Xyron with permanent adhesive cartridge from Amazon.com. Paper pads in various colors, butterfly and flower craft punches, double-sided tape, and craft glue from Martha Stewart Crafts.