Create this one-of-a-kind scrapbook page in the shape of a United States map.
Tools and Materials
United States map template
Martha Stewart Create 12-by-12-inch paper pads (For the background, we used the blue bordered paper from the "Elegant" paper pad.)
U.S. Map Scrapbook How-To
1. Enlarge the template 200 percent and print two copies. Cut "The United States of America" from the top of each template and set aside.
2. With the first copy, create a base on which to glue the cutouts of the states. Cut out the entire map about 1/8 inch within the outside lines.
3. Tape the "West Coast" side of the second template over a piece of decorative paper and cut out the entire state of California along the solid lines with a craft knife. Continue to cut states from different designs of decorative paper, leaving about a 1/4-inch overlapping area where each state borders the previous one.
4. Beginning with California, attach the state cutouts to the base template by tacking down just the middle of the cutout state over the printed state with a glue stick, and tucking the overlapping borders underneath the previous states.
5. To create the background, arrange four pieces of the 12-by-12-inch bordered blue paper to fit on the chipboard backing of the frame, overlapping where necessary, with the decoratively bordered sides of the paper at the top and bottom. Tape the pieces together on the backside.
6. Place the template for "The United States of America" at the top of the paper background, secure with tape, and cut out each letter using craft knife.
7. Cut two 3-inch-wide strips from 12-by-12-inch gold paper. Secure these strips to the back of the blue background with tape, so the gold shows through the title letters.
8. Use double-sided tape to attach the completed map to the background, and the background to the frame's chipboard backing. Place in frame.
Martha used an embossed red circles album, glue, and paper by Martha Stewart Create, available atWal-Mart.