Tools and Materials
Fabric (about 1/2 yard will make at least one)
Machine-sewing thread in coordinating color
Dried cherry pits or buckwheat
Lavender oil (optional)
Heating Pad How-To
1. Fold a 20-by-14-inch piece of fabric in half lengthwise, right sides facing.
2. Sew one short side and one long side with a 1/4-inch seam allowance.
3. Fold the open end out 1/4 inch and press it.
4. Clip the corners, being careful not to cut into the seams. Turn the fabric right side out.
5. Use a bone folder to push out the corners and make them sharp.
6. Fill the bag a little less than halfway with dried cherry pits or buckwheat. If desired, the pits or buckwheat can be mixed with a few drops of lavender oil before filling.
7. Close the open end of the bag with a top stitch.
Martha used cherry pits from Pit Stuff and buckwheat from buckwheathull.com.