The correct tools make all difference in the kitchen or the garden and the same rule applies when it comes to beauty. Without the right beauty tools, you won't get the best results.
There are six brushes that every woman should have: an eye-shadow brush, a blush brush, a powder brush, an eyeliner brush, a stiff-angle eyebrow brush, and a travel brush. A travel brush should come in its own case so that is not coming into contact with the other items in your makeup bag.
Caring for Makeup Brushes
Makeup brushes are an investment that you will have for many years if you take care of them properly. You should clean your brushes once every two weeks.
1. Dip in a bowl of warm, soapy water and swirl around to get clean. We are using Gentle Shampoo by Bumble and Bumble for this.
2. Hold under running water to rinse thoroughly so that all the bristles dry going the same way.
3. Let dry overnight.
4. Don't use the brush cleaners you can buy because they have alcohol in them and can be too drying.
Every woman should have a round boar-bristle brush for styling, and a plastic flat brush that can be used on wet hair and for removing tangles. The boar bristle should not be used on wet hair.
Cleaning a Hairbrush
You should clean your hairbrushes once a week.
1. Remove hair from brush using a comb.
2. Use one or two drops of shampoo in warm water.
3. Dip brush in water.
5. Allow to dry on a window ledge in sunlight.
The tweezers you should have on hand at home are made by Vitry and are available at evascrivo.com. Tweezers can become dull and once they do they are not going to do any good. Once tweezers become dull, you should buy new ones. They normally last about one to two years.
Special thanks to Eva Scrivo of the Eva Scrivo Salon.