Tools and Materials
Clear acrylic stamp mount
Letter stamp set
Decorative stamps (optional; we used Martha Stewart Crafts Butterfly and Bird stamp sets)
Heat-Embossed Personalized Stationery How-To
1. Arrange clear letters on stamp mount.
2. Press lettered stamp onto embossing pad. Stamp onto card using firm, even pressure.
3. Sprinkle embossing powder over stamped design. Tap card to remove excess powder. Brush gently with a makeup brush to remove any more excess powder around the design.
4. Hold a heat gun two inches from the design and move the nozzle in a circular motion, melting the powder-coated areas. Gently wave the card to cool and set the design.
5. Repeat with other decorative stamps, if desired.
6. If the paper curls after you have finished the design, heat the back of the card, and fan it again. Place the card under a heavy book for 5-10 minutes (this will not smudge the design).
This lovely craft is featured in "Martha Stewart's Encyclopedia of Crafts." Clear acrylic stamp mounts and clear acrylic stamp sets in Serif Font, Butterfly, and Bird, from Martha Stewart Crafts, are available at Michael's and Walmart. Embossing pad, powders, and heat gun provided by Ranger Ink. Be sure to read our new crafts blog for a behind-the-scenes look at our crafting department.