These decorations bring sparkle to tables and serving areas -- and they last far longer than jack-o'-lanterns.
Tools and Materials
- Small pumpkins
- Medium-sized paintbrush
- Similar glitter in Garnet, Tourmaline, and Bronze, $4.99, by Martha Stewart Crafts
- White glue, by Martha Stewart Crafts
- Paper plate or newspaper
- Brown acrylic paint
Glittered Pumpkins How-To
1. With paintbrush, spread layer of white glue over the surface of a small pumpkin. Place pumpkin on a paper plate or newspaper to catch excess glitter.
2. Sprinkle powder glitter over glue, covering completely. Let dry for an hour, then shake off excess powder.
3. Coat stem with brown acrylic paint, let dry. Once dry, the stem can also be covered in brown glitter if desired. The pumpkins will keep for months.
It's easiest to do half the pumpkin and sprinkle with glitter, let dry, and continue with the other half.
There's no need to completely cover the bottom, since it's not seen. Also, it's fine if your pumpkin has marks or mild blemishes, since you will be covering it with glitter.