This easy-to-make and affordable necklace is a wonderful gift, especially with your own handmade gift packaging.
Tools and Materials
Carded silk bead cord with needle
Glass pearl beads
Card stock or decorative paper
Holiday stickers (optional)
Pearl Necklace How-To
1. Remove silk bead cord from card, and iron the cord to remove kinks. The cord will have a needle on one end; keep needle attached until you are finished with the necklace.
2. Feed desired number of pearl beads onto silk cord. Cut the length of cord you need for the necklace (about 36 inches), measuring from the cut end. (Tip: The remaining cord, with needle still attached, can be used for another project.)
3. Knot two ends of strung bead cord together to secure.
Necklace Gift Packaging How-To
1. Cut a piece of card stock or decorative paper to fit gift box. Punch a hole in paper with screw punch. Feed knot of necklace through hole; coil silk cord on back of paper, and secure with paper tape. Decorate front of paper with stickers, if desired.
2. Line box with felt. Place card with attached necklace in box.
CRYSTALLIZED Pearls available from CRYSTALLIZED -- Swarovski Elements.
All tools, decorative holiday paper, and stickers available from Martha Stewart Crafts. Silk bead cord available at most craft or bead/jewelry stores. All other materials available from art-supply and crafts stores.