Turn a cardboard box into an easy-to-assemble set of doll furniture that your kids will love.
Tools and Materials
Chair, table, and bed templates
Large pieces of corrugated cardboard
Box cutter with several sharp blades
Hot-glue gun and hot-glue sticks
1 to 2 rolls of contact paper (optional)
Cardboard Table and Chairs How-To
1. Adhere 2 pieces of cardboard together with hot glue to create 2-ply corrugated cardboard (if your cardboard is already 2-ply, you can skip this step).
2. Enlarge and print the chair, table, and bed templates. Trace and cut the shapes from the 2-ply cardboard. To cut each line, place a ruler on the line and hold firmly in place while running the box cutter down alongside the ruler. Use several passes of the blade to cut instead of trying to cut all the way through at once.
3. For the bed, score on the dotted lines with the box cutter. To score, only cut through one corrugated layer and bend the cardboard carefully along that line. Run a line of hot glue down the fold.
4. Cover the cardboard pieces with contact paper, if desired.
5. Assemble furniture according to the assembly diagram.
All tools and materials available at art-supply, crafts, and home-improvement stores.
Special thanks to Anna Wulick for sharing this wonderful craft. To buy instructions for her cardboard kitchen and washer/dryer, visit fortytworoads.etsy.com. And be sure to read Anna's blog at fortytworoads.blogspot.com.