These charming ornaments are a wonderful addition to any Christmas tree and make a lovely Handmade Holiday gift.
Tools and Materials
Wooden animal and ark cutouts
Drill with 1/8-inch drill bit
White craft glue
26-gauge green floral wire
Ark glittering template
Noah's Ark Ornaments How-To
1. Lightly sand surface of wood cutout with fine sandpaper to remove any coatings or oils that may interfere with the glue.
2. Drill the hole for hanging using a 1/8-inch drill bit. To find the correct hole placement, ensuring that the ornament hangs straight, test the balance with a push-pin before drilling the hole.
3. Mix glitter colors according to key below. Apply white craft glue to one side and edges of wood cutouts with a brush. Apply glitter with a plastic spoon, working over a paper plate for each color to save glitter. Gently shake off glitter and set aside to dry.
4. Repeat glitter process for other side of animal ornament.
5. Repeat for all animal shapes. Follow the glittering template to glitter the different areas of the ark.
6. String 26-gauge green floral wire through the ornament hole. Twist wire onto branch of tree to hang.
Noah's Ark Animal Glitter Color Combinations
Dove: crystal/dash of sterling
Bison: brownstone/smokey quartz
Roosters: fire opal/Florentine gold
Alligators: golden beryl/peridot
Horses: brownstone/fire opal
Cows: brownstone/fire opal
Bears: onyx /florentine gold
Ostrich: sterling/dash of onyx
Ducks: yellow barite/dash of peridot
Lions: yellow barite/tourmaline
Camels: garnet/smokey quartz
Llamas: turquoise/golden beryl
Giraffes: carnelian/dash of fire opal
Donkey: onyx/fire opal
Martha used wooden animal shapes from Lindahl Woodcrafts (firstname.lastname@example.org). For more information on the Martha Stewart Create glitter 18-pack, available in the crafts department at Walmart and given to our studio audience, visitmarthastewart.com/shop. Glittering glue is available at Martha Stewart Crafts.
Martha used wooden animal shapes from Lindahl Woodcrafts (email@example.com). For more information on the Martha Stewart Create glitter 18-pack, available in the crafts department at Walmart and given to our studio audience, visit marthastewart.com/shop. Glittering glue is available at Martha Stewart Crafts.