Gift cards are a great present that can make gift giving much easier, especially for those hard-to-buy-for people on your list. Instead of just putting the gift in a greeting card, add a special personalized touch by making one of these unique gift-card holders yourself.
Tools and Materials
Ornament templates one and two
Pencil and pen
Fabric-Covered Envelope How-To
1. Completely unfold an envelope and cover with glue stick. Put envelope, glue side down, on a piece of fabric. Trim excess fabric.
2. Put envelope back together using craft glue. Place gift card in envelope. Put adhesive-backed label on ribbon and wrap ribbon around envelope.
Ornament Gift-Card Holder How-To
1. Download and print template one and two of ornament shapes. Trace two ornaments on red paper; cut out ornament shapes. Cut along line on ornament to make slit to put card in.
2. Lightly brush one ornament shape with craft glue. Cover with glitter. Apply glue to perimeter of unglittered ornament. Put glittered ornament on top. Then, embellish if you want by gluing a ribbon to the ornament.
3. Punch a hole in the top and put a string through to hang and add a name tag. Insert gift card, and hang on tree.
The wallet gift-card holder shown on today's show is available at marthastewartcrafts.com. Special thanks to American Express for giving gift cards to our studio audience.