Make this beautiful tiered plant stand, a perfect project to highlight your plants.
Tools and Materials
Two 21 1/2-inch square pieces of plywood
One 45 1/2-inch-long one-by-three poplar board (for brace)
Eight 48-inch-long one-by-three poplar boards (for shelf pieces)
1 5/8-inch stainless steel screws
Ruler and pencil
Tiered Plant Stand How-To
1. To make the base of the plant stand, use a jigsaw to cut a 10 1/2-by-11 1/4-inch rectangle out of one corner, and a curved shape from the opposite side of each square plywood piece.
2. Secure the 45 1/2-inch brace to the back of the base pieces with screws.
3. Pre-drill the 48-inch-long shelf pieces with a counter-sink bit, 1 5/8-inch in from the end of each piece. This will prevent the wood from splitting as it is fastened to the base.
4. Starting with the lower shelf, apply wood glue and lay a one-by-three shelf board centered across the base piece, flush against the riser of the upper shelf. Secure with screws.
5. Leave a 1/2-inch space. Glue and place the second shelf board. Secure with screws. Repeat two more times. The front shelf board should overhang the base by 1/2 inch.
6. For the top shelf, place the first shelf board with a 3/4-inch overhang at the rear of the shelf. Glue and secure. Leave a 1/2-inch space and repeat for remaining shelf boards. Again, there should be a 1/2-inch overhang at the front of the shelf.
7. Paint shelf desired color and/or treat for outdoor use, if necessary.
All materials and tools available at home-improvement stores.