These glittered hurricanes couldn't be easier to make, and are great to decorate your dining room table, a mantle, or side table.
Tools and Materials
Spider web template
Plain white paper
Frosted hurricane candleholder (4 3/4-inch high and 4 3/4-inch diameter)
Orange or green glitter
Resealable plastic bag
Pillar candle to fit hurricane candleholder
Glittered Hurricanes How-To
1. Download and print spider web template on plain white paper. Cut the two pieces from the template and join into one long strip with tape.
2. Curl template inside of glass hurricane candleholder.
3. Working on one side of the outside of the hurricane candleholder, trace black lines with glittering glue. Cover with black glitter. Repeat on other half of candle glass. Allow to dry.
4. Use canned air to remove excess glitter.
5. Brush glitter glue onto plastic spider. Place spider into resealable plastic bag filled with orange or green glitter; seal and shake. Remove spider from bag and allow to dry.
6. Apply glue to back of spider and adhere to finished hurricane. Insert pillar candle.
Martha used a frosted "hurricane" cylinder glass candleholder from Jamali Garden Supplies. The Halloween glitter sets, in shades of green and shades of orange, are from Michaels. All other tools and materials are from Martha Stewart Crafts.