Cherry Tomato, Corn, and Halloumi Salad
Put one slice of garlic in the oil when you first turn on the heat. When it sizzles, your oil is ready for the rest of the garlic.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Christopher Testani
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2017
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime zest, plus 2 tablespoons fresh juice
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced garlic (from 2 cloves)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 cups corn kernels (from 2 ears)
- 3 cups halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- 4 ounces halloumi, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups packed baby arugula, preferably wild
Whisk together lime juice and zest in a large heatproof bowl. In a small skillet, heat 5 tablespoons oil over medium-high. Add garlic and cook, stirring often, until light golden, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Whisk oil mixture into lime mixture; season with salt and pepper. Set aside 2 tablespoons dressing; add corn and tomatoes to remaining dressing and toss gently to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
Return skillet to medium-high heat and swirl in remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Add halloumi (be careful; it may splatter) and cook, flipping once, until golden and crisp on both sides, about 4 minutes total. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
Scatter arugula on a serving plate; top with corn-tomato mixture. Serve, with halloumi and reserved dressing on the side.