Tomato Salad with Chile Yogurt
This salad is especially nice served with broiled or grilled fish, such as black or striped bass.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Christopher Testani
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July/August 2017
- 1 cup 2 percent-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger (from a 1-inch piece)
- 1 thinly sliced Thai chile or small serrano chile (seeded, if less heat is desired)
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 1/4 pounds mixed tomatoes, such as sungold, beefsteak, and heirloom, cut into rounds
- 5 ounces mixed cherry tomatoes (3/4 cup), cut into rounds
- Fresh mint or basil leaves, or a combination, for serving
In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, ginger, chile, and oil; season with salt and pepper. Using a Microplane, finely grate garlic into a small bowl; measure 1/4 teaspoon and stir into yogurt mixture. Spread yogurt mixture on a platter; top with tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper, drizzle generously with oil, and sprinkle with herbs; serve.