Fish Taco Bowl with Lime Crema
Feel free to mix it up here. Try red snapper or shrimp in place of the striped bass, or swap out the rice for quinoa, farro, or a mix of grains.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Martyna Szczesna
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 1/2 lime)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 skinless striped-bass fillets (8 ounces each), patted dry
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno, minced (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2 limes)
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked short-grain brown rice
- Shredded cabbage, avocado slices, and sliced radishes, for serving
Crema: Whisk together sour cream, salt, sugar, lime juice, and 1 teaspoon water.
Bowl: Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, stir together cumin, coriander, chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and oil. Rub all over both sides of fish. Let marinate in the refrigerator, at least 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, let onion and jalapeno sit in lime juice 10 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Broil fish until browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Flake into 4 servings. To serve, place 1/2 cup rice in a bowl. Top with bean mixture, fish, cabbage, avocado, and radishes. Serve with crema on top or alongside.