Spicy Shrimp Fajitas with Grilled Pineapple Pico
Get tropical with these citrusy shrimp tacos topped with charred pineapple salsa.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Armando Rafael
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2017
- 1 pound large shrimp, preferably wild (about 24), peeled, deveined, and tails removed
- 1 tablespoon chipotle-in-adobo sauce (from a 7-ounce can)
- 1 packed teaspoon grated lime zest and 2 tablespoons fresh juice, plus 1 more lime, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 medium white onion, cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1/2 medium pineapple, cored and cut into 1/2-inch rounds
- 8 flour or corn tortillas (each 6 inches)
- 1/3 cup packed chopped cilantro, plus sprigs for serving
- Avocado slices and sour cream, for serving
Heat grill to medium-high; place a large cast-iron skillet on grates to preheat. Toss shrimp with adobo, zest, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Lightly brush onion and pineapple with oil; grill directly on grates, flipping once, until charred in spots, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool slightly. Grill tortillas, flipping once, until charred, about 30 seconds; wrap in parchment-lined foil. Roughly chop pineapple and onion; toss with lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
Add shrimp and lime halves to skillet and cook, flipping once, until shrimp are pink and just cooked through, 3 minutes. Let lime halves cool slightly, then squeeze over shrimp; serve in tortillas with pineapple pico, cilantro sprigs, avocado, and sour cream.