Lemony Quinoa-and-Spinach Soup
Make sure to rinse your quinoa well in cold water before using.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Photography: Armando Rafael
Source: Martha Stewart Living, March 2017
- 2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 sprig dill, plus 1/4 cup chopped
- 3-inch piece lemon peel, plus 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated garlic
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup quinoa, thorougly rinsed
- 5 cups packed baby spinach
- Extra-virgin olive oil
In a small pot, bring broth, dill sprig, lemon peel, and garlic to a boil. Season with salt. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 10 minutes. Uncover; remove dill sprig and lemon peel. Increase heat to medium-high and add quinoa; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in spinach, chopped dill, and lemon juice. Drizzle with oil, season with pepper, and serve.