Halloween came a little early this year for hundreds of pooches in New York City. The Big Apple hosted its annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade over the weekend, and it was pawsitively one for the books. Picture the four-legged participants in adorable costumes and thousands of spectators who had come just to get a glimpse at this parading cuteness — it sounds like the best day ever to us.
Unsurprisingly, movie and TV Show-inspired costumes such as Game of Thrones and Stranger Things were big this year. Keep scrolling down to see some of the most original and funny Halloween outfits and who knows, maybe they will inspired some of you still looking for one.
1. Like this DIY setup inspired by Stranger Things — string lights and all.
[DON'T MISS: 9 Pawsitively Genius Pet Costumes]
2. This Instagram-famous Pomeranian comes with some serious swag.
3. Here's a sentence we never thought we'd write... that hot dog is giving this clown major side eye.
4. Look at the smile on this Tinkerbell.
[RELATED: Martha's 9 Must-Have Puppy Supplies]
5. Cutest. Ewok. Ever.
6. Meet Harrison Pawter.
So this happened and I changed my name to Harrison Pawter for the Halloween Dog Parade at Tompkins Sq Park #tompkinssquarepark #howloween #dogparade #harrypotter #miniaussie #bluemerle #puppy #miniaustralianshepherd #tompkinssquarehalloweendogparade #dogsofinstagram #puppylove #photooftheday #iloveny #australianshepherd #blueeyes #newyork #newyork_instagram #puppiesofnyc #liveauthentic #livefolk #neverstopexploring #dogofinstaworld #aussiesofig #woof_tastic #doglovers #dogstagram #mydogiscutest #Harrisonminiaussie
7. Winter is coming.
8. Could there be a better candidate as E.T.?
9. Every pup is a winner in this "pugkin patch." (Get it?)
10. Of course, we'd be remiss to neglect mentioning the Best in Show. The honor goes to the group costume, called "Sweet Shop."
And the winner for "Best in Show” is...Sweet Shop. Hundreds of great #Howloween costumes entered the Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade Presented by @Beggin & @PetSmart. Congrats to the winner and all the finalists and thank you to all those who entered and those who came to watch!!! So. Much. Fun!!! #sweetshop #fun #luv #ad #dogparade #halloween
Want to join the fun? It's not too late! If you're in the New York City area, attend the Great PUPkin Dog Costume Content held in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. And until then, you have all the inspiration you need to come up with a "barking" good costume for your canine companion... including this DIY Shark Fin: