1. Display a new fall wreath on the front door. (This all-black idea is simply bewitching.)
2. Take a leisurely drive to view the fall foliage. And preserve a few fallen leaves for a craft... like say, scrapbooking pages, candles, or printed linens?
3. Knit a cozy scarf. Or mittens. Or even a whole blanket. (Why not? We're feeling ambitious.)
4. Sip on a steaming hot cup of apple cider. (Mmmm.)
5. Pick the perfect pumpkin outta the patch.
7. Get lost in a corn maze. (And let the stalks inspire a new fall decorating project.)
8. Really put the "scare" in scarecrow.
9. Pick for apples at a local orchard.
10. And use them to bake a fresh-from-the-oven pie. (Extra nice idea: Share a slice with the neighbors!)
11. Or drizzle them in caramel — with toppings galore!
12. Enjoy all the local food, crafts, and farming fun at a local fair.
13. Roast a big batch of pumpkin seeds.
14. Light a seasonal candle, featuring fall's signature scent. (That's right: pumpkin spice.)
15. Create a Halloween costume that will wow everyone this year. ("Purple Rain," anyone?)
16. Host (that's right: host) the ultimate haunted house.
17. Brew a homemade version of that controversial fall drink: the pumpkin spice latte. (But you saw that coming, didn't you?)