It's hard to improve on this Game Day classic, but we did, by swapping in kettle chips and melted Gouda and blue cheese.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: CHELSEA CAVANAUGH
Source: Martha Stewart Living, January/February January/February 2017
- 1 bag (8 ounces) kettle potato chips, such as Cape Cod
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Gouda (5 ounces)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno (1/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives (from 1 bunch)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment; spread chips out in a single layer. In a small saucepan, whisk together cream cheese and milk over medium heat until combined, 2 minutes. Whisk in blue cheese and 1/2 cup Gouda. Bring to a boil and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 5 minutes. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and hot sauce.
Drizzle cheese sauce evenly over chips, then sprinkle with remaining 1 cup Gouda. Bake until bubbly and crisp at edges, 5 to 7 minutes. Top with jalapeno, sour cream, and chives; serve.