Dairy-Free Smashed Potatoes
Who needs milk or butter? These smashed potatoes rely on chicken broth for their super savory flavor.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 10 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2016
- 5 pounds baby red potatoes
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, warmed
Simmer potatoes in boiling water with 2 tablespoons salt until tender, 12 to 15 minutes. In a small saucepan, combine olive oil, garlic, and rosemary; simmer over medium 3 to 4 minutes. Drain potatoes, return to pot, and smash with oil mixture, chicken broth, and salt and pepper.