Marinated Feta and Celery
Try this briny crumble tossed into roasted-vegetable salads. Or, for a tasty sandwich, spoon some onto toast and melt under the broiler before topping with roasted veggies.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, October 2016
- 5 ounces feta, crumbled
- 1 red chile (seeded, if less heat is desired), thinly sliced crosswise (1 tablespoon)
- 2 small stalks celery, thinly sliced crosswise (3⁄4 cup), plus 1⁄4 cup celery leaves
- 3 to 4 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Combine feta, chile, celery and leaves, and vinegar in a bowl. Season with salt. Spoon into an airtight container; top with oil. Mixture can be refrigerated up to 1 week; return to room temperature before using.