Spicy Southwestern Soup with Chorizo
Never throw out the sauce in a can of chipotles in adobo again! The smoky, tangy flavor makes it a great base for all kinds of dishes, including this oh-so-simple lunchtime soup.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2016
- 1/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons chipotle-in-adobo sauce (without any chiles)
- 1/3 cup very thinly sliced white onion
- 1/2 cup packed baby spinach leaves, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup very thinly sliced dried chorizo
- Kosher salt
Layer ingredients in a wide-mouthed heatproof container with a tight-fitting lid.
When you're ready to eat, fill the container almost to the top with water, seal, shake, remove the lid, and microwave for 2 minutes.
Season with salt, reseal, gently swirl, and enjoy.