Avocado, Mango, and Toasted Seed Salad
Coating the cut avocado half in seeds keeps the surface from browning.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 1
Photography: Bryan Gardner
Source: Martha Stewart Living, September 2016
- 1 cup torn baby kale
- 1 cup torn romaine
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup chopped mango
- 1/2 cup sliced sugar snap peas
- 1/2 avocado coated in mixed toasted seeds (sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, hemp)
- 1 tablespoon rice-wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Top greens with edamame, mango, sugar snap peas, and seed-encrusted avocado, leaving extra space in the container for easy mixing.
Store vinaigrette ingredients in a separate jar and shake to combine. To avoid wilted greens, add dressing to container just before eating, then cover and shake.