Persimmon and Brie Crostini
These little toasts make a delectable Thanksgiving appetizer. Be sure to use Fuyu persimmons -- they should be ripe but sliceable.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 16 crostini
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 1/2 baguette, thinly sliced on a slight bias (16 slices)
- 8 ounces Brie or other triple-cream cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 Fuyu persimmons, peeled, halved and thinly sliced crosswise (16 slices)
- 2 teaspoons light-brown sugar
- Freshly cracked pepper, for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees with racks in the top and middle position. Place slices of baguette on a rimmed baking sheet. Toast on the middle rack until dry and light golden, 10 minutes.
Preheat broiler. Top each piece of baguette with 1 slice of Brie, 1 slice of persimmon, and a sprinkle of sugar (about 1/8 teaspoon each). Broil on top rack until sugar melts and cheese begins to bubble and turn golden, 1-2 minutes. Serve with cracked pepper.