Grilled Burgers with Maytag Blue Cheese and Heirloom Tomatoes
This juicy hamburger is full of flavor and topped with decadent blue cheese.
- Yield: Makes 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2004
- 3 1/4 pounds ground sirloin
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 20 thick slices Sabrina's Sandwich Bread or other white bread, toasted, if desired
- 5 ounces Maytag or other blue cheese, thinly sliced
- Sliced heirloom tomatoes, sliced onions, and torn lettuce for serving
Heat a grill or grill pan until medium hot. Combine meat, parsley, Worcestershire, paprika, salt, and pepper. Shape into ten 1/2-inch-thick patties. Grill, turning once, 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium rare. Serve burgers on bread with blue cheese, tomatoes, onion, and lettuce.