Avocado and Orange Salad
Mint ties together the bright orange and creamy avocado flavors in this refreshing salad.
- Servings: 10
Source: Martha Stewart Living, June 2004
- 3 firm, ripe avocados (preferably Hass)
- 2 heads Boston lettuce, leaves separated
- 4 navel oranges, peel and pith removed and flesh cut into 1/4-inch-thick rounds (halve if large)
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- Orange-Muscatel Vinaigrette
Halve avocados lengthwise; pit and peel, keeping halves intact. Cut each half lengthwise into 4 slices. Arrange lettuce, oranges, and avocados on a platter. Season with salt; garnish with mint. Serve immediately, with vinaigrette on the side.