Grilled Pizzas with Plums, Prosciutto, Goat Cheese, and Arugula
The combination of prosciutto, plums, goat cheese, and arugula is seasonal, quick, and fresh.
- Yield: Makes 6 nine-inch pizzas
Source: Martha Stewart Living, May 2004
- Cornmeal Pizza Dough
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces soft goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 ounces prosciutto, cut into thin strips
- 2 large plums or apricots, pitted and cut into thin wedges
- 2 bunches arugula, trimmed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
Heat a grill until medium-hot. Generously brush one side of pizza dough with oil; grill, oiled side down, until underside is golden brown and top begins to bubble, 3 to 5 minutes. Quickly brush top with oil; flip crust. Top with some of the cheese, prosciutto, and plums. Grill until toppings are hot and crust is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes more.
Slide pizza with a large spatula onto a cutting board. Drizzle arugula with oil in a large bowl, and toss. Drizzle pizza with oil; top with some of the arugula (or serve it on the side). Season with salt and pepper. Repeat to make more pizzas.