Chorizo, Parsnip, and Olive Bites
This fall finger food is a cinch to make and even easier to eat, thanks to the skewers.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes about 28 six-inch skewers
Photography: Bryan Gardner
- 3 parsnips (1 1/2 pounds), peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch rounds and halved if large (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 8 ounces dried chorizo, chopped into 1/2-inch rounds and halved if large
- 1 1/2 cups pitted green olives, such as Castelvetrano
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Toss parsnips with oil and season with salt on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake, tossing halfway through, until golden and tender, 25 to 30 minutes. Toss in chorizo, return to oven, and bake until chorizo is warmed through and releases orange oil, about 5 minutes more. Remove from oven and toss in olives. Serve on skewers.