Flaky Pastry Dough
Use this recipe to make our Coconut Patties.
- Yield: Makes enough dough for 30 patties
Source: Martha Stewart Living, November 2001
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cut into pieces
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 4 to 6 tablespoons ice water
Place flour, butter, cream cheese, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until thoroughly combined. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until dough just comes together when pinched. Transfer to a piece of plastic wrap, and flatten into a disk. Chill for at least 1 hour before rolling.