Spiced Pita Triangles
Pair wedges with Mediterranean salads or dips such as hummus.
- Yield: Makes 48 triangles
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme (optional)
- 4 pita rounds (8 inches each)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, with rack in center. In a small saucepan, heat cumin and sesame oil over medium-low heat until fragrant, 5 to 6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper; add thyme, if desired.
Brush both sides of each pita round with spice mixture. Cut rounds in half, and cut each half into 6 triangles, each about 1 inch wide.
Place triangles in a single layer on a baking sheet, and bake until crisp and golden brown, 20 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.