Grilled Eggplant with Rosemary
Pair grilled eggplant with feta cheese for a Mediterranean-style topping for our Rustic Market Tarts.
- Yield: Makes enough for 6 rustic tarts
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2003
- 1 1/2 pounds small eggplants, trimmed and sliced lengthwise into 1-inch-thick strips
- Coarse salt
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat grill to medium. Place eggplant in a colander in a single layer, and sprinkle generously with salt. Let stand 20 minutes; rinse eggplant, and pat dry.
In a medium bowl, combine eggplant, oil, garlic, and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Grill eggplant until tender and golden, 2 to 3 minutes per side.